In 1958, Max Zubler completed a goldsmithing apprenticeship at Zurbuchen, a highly regarded jewellery studio in Zurich. Upon graduating, he travelled to Germany to learn how to set gemstones and design jewellery.

Back in Switzerland, he continued his career at Schwarz, a storied goldsmithy in the Limmatquai pedestrian zone. After working there for several years, he was offered the opportunity to take over the business. The company relocated to Limmatplatz Square, and the Zubler Studio was born.
In 1990, the company moved to its current location on Hirschgraben Road, where it provides jewellery repairs and custom jewellery as well as designs and pieces for well-known jewellery stores in Zurich. Zubler's ideas have fuelled many trends in the Zurich region over the years.

In 2012, after a long, successful career, Zubler handed over the studio to his former apprentices and valued employees for many years, Beatrice Pfister and Andrea D. Capello.